Childhood Bio

 A Journey into Perception, Art, and Literature

I was born as the youngest after five sisters, blessed with love, care, and a deep sensitivity that shaped my early years. My home was a place of comfort, but as I grew, I ventured beyond its warmth, exploring the angular streets of ancient Ajudhan. My bicycle became my partner in discovery, carrying me through neighboring villages, where I first sensed the world beyond my doorstep.

I often found myself walking between east and west on wooden planks nailed between the iron railway lines, balancing on the thin edge of space and perception. It was there that I realized my work would be deeply tied to how I see and interpret the world. I began studying shapes in the shared environments around me, forms that emerged from the ordinary, from the way light and shadow played upon surfaces. I called it "Available Art", art found in the contours of existence, in shapes formed by nature and time.

Shadows became a recurring fascination for me. They move freely yet remain bound to the surfaces they touch, whether flat roads, flowing water, or round stones. Shadows, like love, have no choice in where they fall. This realization pulled me deeper into an artistic dialogue with space, light, and the transient moments that define perception.

Growing up in a rural landscape, I witnessed an ever-changing spectrum of colors shaped by shifting seasons. This dynamic environment, rich with metaphor, became the foundation of my artistic language. It was here that I transitioned into artistic expression, impressions turning into forms, perceptions evolving into narratives. My world was a canvas, and I had found my way into it.

Zaheer Chaudhry 

2, Photographer's Statement

PHOTOGRAPHER'S STATEMENT Every image begins with an act of attention. My photographic practice has grown from a lifelong curiosity a...