2. Artist Statement

ARTIST STATEMENT

My practice begins with wonder and develops through sustained observation. I am drawn to what often escapes attention: overlooked landscapes, everyday environments, architectural traces, light, shadow, texture, movement, and the subtle evidence of human presence. Rather than searching for extraordinary subjects, I look closely at the familiar, where ordinary places often reveal complex relationships between memory, ecology, culture, and perception.

Photography is my primary medium and a method of inquiry rather than simply documentation. The camera allows me to observe, collect, question, and preserve moments that may otherwise disappear. A photograph, however, is not necessarily the end of the process. Cropping can transform a landscape into a fragment; scale can turn a small detail into a texture or environment; printing, colour, material, and context can alter how an image is experienced.

For this reason, photography often becomes a point of departure for further visual exploration. I translate photographic observations into digital works, painting, immersive experiences, mixed media, installation, and public interventions. These shifts allow an image to move beyond the conventional photographic frame and create different forms of spatial and perceptual experience.

Walking and travel are central to my practice. Continuous movement through cities, villages, fields, wetlands, roads, mountains, and public spaces has developed an evolving archive of more than 300,000 photographs. I consider this archive a living body of visual research rather than a collection of finished images. Returning to familiar places allows me to observe how they change through time, light, human activity, and memory—and how my own perception changes with them.

I am interested in the space between seeing and noticing. Seeing may be common to all, but noticing is personal: an inner mathematics through which each person selects, connects, remembers, and gives meaning to the world.

Ultimately, I understand image-making as a form of knowledge production. Observation becomes research, research becomes image, and image becomes a space where memory, ecology, culture, and imagination intersect.

2, Photographer's Statement

PHOTOGRAPHER'S STATEMENT Every image begins with an act of attention. My photographic practice has grown from a lifelong curiosity a...